PandoraPanic! Status Update
Well I've managed to squeeze PandoraPanic! into my schedule quite a lot in the last couple of days. I've been spotting bugs and fixing them quite rapidly. Here's some things I've managed to get done.
Particles actually fade in alpha/colour… it's still not fading exactly with the Particle lifetime, but it's better than no fading!
Managed to figure out why Kagato's transparent star image was not displaying properly - The Emitter class was auto-setting the sprite to use HW accelerated blits… they are not compatible with alphablends.
It's now possible to manipulate the settings for transparent colour. You can set a specific colour, or a pixel on the surface to use as the transparent colour or disable the transparent colour.
It's possible to set Sprites to use hardware acceleration or not in the Emitter and Menu classes.
Mouse/TouchScreen added to StateTitle… will be used in sensible places elsewhere in the game too!
I must say thanks to all PandoraPanic! contributors. The warm reception and positive criticism to my engine has been a great boost for me. This is exactly what I need to keep improving it and I hope that you will consider using Penjin for future homebrew projects.